The original Rivers Lodge was built as a three-bedroom house in the later 1930’s. It was purchased by the applicant’s family in 1941 and used as a family home since that time. The total area of the existing house was143sq.m consisting of 90 sq m habitable space and 53 sq m of store rooms and garage . We designed a replacement house , using the existing foundations , which provided its owner with a total of 181.2 sqm of contemporary accommodation.
The new house has simple modern lines with a largely glazed riverside elevation and a side veranda overlooking the river.